The Sports Broadcast

A blog about sports broadcasting from the great state of Florida. They report. I decide.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Full Disclosure

Instead of beginning with some kind of dumb introductory post, I'm going to start this thing off with a "Full Disclosure" page. Writing about sports is incredibly difficult to do without bias, especially when doing sports opinion like I intend to do. So, to make things easy, I'll go ahead and spell out what I like and don't like, and hopefully this will help explain me and minimize confusion. Also, since I was born and raised in Florida, I don't really follow hockey much as I can't really relate to a sport that requires large amounts of ice for long periods of time.

Favorite teams:
Baseball: Baltimore Orioles (AL), Cincinnati Reds (NL)
Football: Tampa Bay Buccanneers
Basketball: Orlando Magic
Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning
NCAA: University of Florida

Other Teams I Tend to Root For:
Baseball: Minnesota Twins, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners
Football: Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams
Basketball: Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks
NCAA: UCF, Boise State, Air Force Academy, Texas Tech, the Oregon schools, Iowa, Oklahoma

Teams I Don't Like:
Baseball: Atlanta Braves, New York Yankees, New York Mets
Football: Dallas Cowboys
Basketball: Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks
NCAA: FSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, USC, the ACC in general

Other Favorites:
Pitchers' duels (but not Roger Clemens), seam routes to the tight end, the fade pass, perimeter ball movement, back-door cuts, having playoffs decide champions, grammar and punctuation, people who don't use leet, and the numbers 45, 13, and XXXVII


All content on this page other than "Favorite Teams" is subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home