The Sports Broadcast

A blog about sports broadcasting from the great state of Florida. They report. I decide.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Error Corrected

One error that I have just corrected is that somehow on the Full Disclosure page I left off that I tend to root for Texas Tech football. I have ever since the Kliff Kingsbury days, and I even attended their Tangerine Bowl win over Clemson two years ago. Basically, the Red Raiders take the pass-first offense that I grew up watching the Gators run, and they take it a step further. It makes for some exciting football and gaudy statistics. Plus, they're the pesky underdog of the Big XII - just good enough to scare the top teams, but not good enough to win the conference. They actually look legit this year, as they lost by a close margin to Oklahoma instead of getting blown out, and as I mentioned before they killed Nebraska 70-10.

I bring this up because Wes Welker, who just graduated from Tech and is in the NFL now, has made an interesting name for himself. He's a receiver/kick returner, and broke the NCAA record for career punt returns for a TD. In Sunday's Dolphins-Patriots game, Miami kicker Olindo Mare went down injured, and Welker stepped in and kicked both an extra point and a 29-yard field goal. This not only made many NFL pundits actually find out who Wes Welker is, but also ponder if he could play QB for the winless Fins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home