The Sports Broadcast

A blog about sports broadcasting from the great state of Florida. They report. I decide.

Friday, November 05, 2004

A Nice Night

I really don't have much to say right now other than there won't be any kind of formal post today or tomorrow as I will be traveling to Nashville for the Florida - Vanderbilt game. We'll see about Sunday, depending on how late I get in and how much real work I will still have to do. Friggin' real world.

Primoz Brezec did have a pretty good night overall with 15 points and 9 rebounds, and even scored the first points in Bobcats history. They didn't quite pull through, however, and lost it down the stretch. I did pick up Steve Smith of the Bobcats for my fantasy team along with Mike Sweetney of the Knicks , and I cut loose Tim Thomas and Jiri Welsch. I figured Thomas wouldn't have the kind of year I was expecting him to with the addition of Jamal Crawford to New York (something I forgot about), so I got Smith for more consistent scoring and three-point shooting. I decided to dump Welsch for Sweetney because I figured if I was going to have someone just sitting the bench, I'd rather have Sweetney who I know has a lot of talent and the potential to average a double-double over Welsch who I really don't know much about other than that he will never average a double-double.

Kenyon Martin scared me tonight, going 0-5 for 0 points in the first half of the Minnesota - Denver game. He turned it on in the second half to finish with 18 points, 13 rebounds, 3 steals, and a disappointing 5 turnovers, although once me made a basket finally he didn't miss one the rest of the game to finish with a nice .643 FG shooting percentage to go along with Brezec's sparkling .714 average on the night. I need Martin to come up big this year, so I'd prefer no more surprises like tonight and that he just be good all game. Yesterday I had a score of 60, good for 6th place, but I'd prefer not to finish 6th every night. At least the league leader had no one playing tonight, so he'll get lousy scores in everything except turnovers (you can't turn the ball over if no one plays).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home